Thursday, February 16, 2006

Catching Up Is Hard to Do

You can tell I'm busy when the only post I can come up with in 3 days is a "check this out" post. Still, this one has some good reads. Check this out.

I just discovered Jeff Schneider's blog Service Oriented Enterprise. This guy knows his stuff. The first post I found (The Sheep that Shit Coleslaw is a great representation of system architectures using Legos as examples. Did I say "Legos?" Yes, I did. If you're a fan of SOA or toys with interlocking pieces, check it out. His points are not dissimilar from what Kim said the other day. But when you say it with Legos it's so much funnier! Jeff, consider me subscribed. And I've got a lot of catching up to do. Jeff's been blogging since September 23, 2001!

The other interesting find I had this week was Nicholas Carr's presentation on utility computing and open source. I hope I can find some time to write a bit more about it. In the meantime, check out his pdf here.