Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Resources from MSDN Webcast

After my MSDN webcast, one attendee (ok, it was my wife!) suggested that I put a reading list up on my blog. Thanks, Cindy--good idea (and definitely the first time she suggested that I blog something!). I plan on creating a reading list at some point and putting that in the sidebar. In the meantime, here are the resources I mentioned in my talk today.

The paper I mentioned was Web Services and the Grid by Lee Liming of Argonne National Labs. I've referenced this here before. It's a great piece on why web services and grid computing go hand in hand.

The blogs I listed were:

  • Expert Texture: Robert Anderson (CTO of Digipede) on .NET development and grid

  • A Day in the Life: Kim Greenlee, Digipede Evangelist, on grid computing (including lots of Excel/grid interop)

  • But if you're interested in distributed computing, you should also check out:

  • All Things Distributed: Werner Vogel (CTO of Amazon) on, well, all things distributed

  • Grid Meter: Greg Nawrocki (President of the Globus Consortium) on grid computing

  • [Update 4/11/2006 4:54pm] By the way, the link to the webcast will be up tomorrow. Of course, I'll post it as soon as I get it. The next MSDN Webcast is Tuesday, April 25th at 11:00AM. I'll post a link to that as soon as its listing is correct! Oh, one more thing: there's a Digipede webinar tomorrow morning at 10:00 am PDT; if you're interested, go here for an invitation.

    Technorati tags: ,