Tuesday, April 25, 2006

MSDN Webcast Resources

Welcome MSDN Webcast attendees!

I said during my webcast today that I'd post a bunch of links and stuff--here they are. Some of these are repeats from my last webcast, but some are brand new.

If you want to download a fully-functional copy of the Digipede Network Developer Edition, just visit www.digipede.net/faster and use the promotion code MSDN.

My first MSDN webcast was called "Object-Oriented Programming for Grid," and is available on demand here.

The paper I mentioned was Web Services and the Grid by Lee Liming of Argonne National Labs. I've referenced this here before. It's a great piece on why web services and grid computing go hand in hand.

I didn't mention this in my webcast, but you also may be interested in reading this article from Ian Foster, one of the fathers of grid computing: Grid's place in the service-oriented architecture.

The blogs I listed were:

  • Expert Texture: Robert Anderson (CTO of Digipede) on .NET development and grid
  • A Day in the Life: Kim Greenlee, Digipede Evangelist, on grid computing (including lots of Excel/grid interop)
  • But if you're interested in distributed computing, you should also check out:
  • All Things Distributed: Werner Vogel (CTO of Amazon) on, well, all things distributed
  • Grid Meter: Greg Nawrocki (President of the Globus Consortium) on grid computing


  • For those who asked about source code: e-mail me! (See link at right)

    Update 4/25/06 12:16: Added new links.

    Technorati tags: , ,