Monday, January 23, 2006

And the winner is...

I love awards ceremonies as much as the next guy.

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't love awards ceremonies. I habitually avoid the Oscars/Emmies/Grammies/Tonies/YouNameIties broadcasts unless someone really cool is throwing a party. In fact, I think I've been avoiding awards ceremonies ever since my band, Lawsuit, was nominated for a SAMMIE Award (Sacramento Area Music Award) and invited to play at the ceremony, then suffered the indignity of performing immediately before finding out that we didn't win. Apparently the booker liked us more than the voters.

Anyway, here's an award ceremony I am excited for:
CODiE Award 2006 Finalist
The Digipede Network has been named a finalist for a 2006 CODiE Award in the Distributed Computing Solution category!

For those of you not in the know, the CODiEs are awards presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA). This is their 21st year; they are the longest running, most prestigious independent award in the industry. Getting recognition from their panel of experts is fantastic.

The competition is fierce and widely varied: Everdream, Gigaspaces, Novell, and Solace Systems are all finalists as well.

Every SIIA member company gets a vote; the CODiE Awards Gala will be on May 16th (my mom's birthday!) at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco.

I hope that the wonderful, intelligent, good-looking SIIA voters (hey, a little brown nosing never hurt!) like what we're doing!