Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back on the grid!


R
  eports of my demise are greatly exaggerated! Yes, I took 3 weeks off of blogging (in fact, I took 3 weeks off--I had an incredible European vacation, and if this were a travel blog you would have been reading amazing accounts of Barcelona, Sicily, and France).

I also spent a big chunk of last week in the Big Apple (what better way to reacquaint my internal clock with West coast time than to spend 3 days on the East coast?) attending Microsoft's Financial Services Developer Conference. For a brief writeup, see Marc Jacobs's summary (he didn't see anything new--then again, he knows our stuff very well).

By the way--for my readers who read and write about parallel and distributed computing: if you haven't added Marc's blog to your feed reader yet, you are missing out on the best writer out there who happens to write about distributed computing. He's scary smart technically and has a fantastic way of putting his thoughts down in English.

I hope to get back on the blogging bandwagon forthwith--the only things in my way are an interim feature release, an impending Digipede Network 2.0 release (nothing like hundreds of pages of documentation to make you wish you had scaled back the feature list!), and an ever-growing client list.

Upon my return, I had thousands of items in FeedDemon. Combing through them, I've seen some interesting reads on distributed computing--I hope to have some comments posted soon.

Technorati tags: ,