Every time one of those "tag" memes goes around the internets, I jealously watch it happening--half hoping I'll get hit, half hoping it'll go away before it hits me.
Well, while I was visiting my mom for Christmas, Jim Benson slapped me silly.
I can't help but think that, having reached this far into the blogosphere, this meme might be dead. Still--it's not so fun if these games are just for the A-Listers. I want to keep playing.
So, without further ado, here's five things you may not know about me:
- I spent a year touring with a rock band called Chevelle. I originally got on the tour bus for a one-week adventure with my friends in the band; I had a blast and ended up staying. After a year of being their tour manager and watching their album go platinum, I quit and came home. I got engaged just a few months after returning.
- I taught myself to play guitar (well, 5 chords anyway) so I could write and perform a song at my brother's wedding. I've since learned a lot more chords, but I'm still not very good. I love it, though, and play a Martin D-35.
- I used to play a lot of ultimate frisbee. I think it's just about the best participation team sport. High quality games, good athletes, national and international organization. I never went to nationals, but ultimate was the reason I first went to Hawaii (which I love, and where I got married).
- I haven't written a resume since 1990. I got hired (as a junior in college) as a programmer at Quantum Consulting as a Windows 2.0 developer. Every job since then has happened organically.
- I once had an argument with my dad, in the University of California-Berkeley admissions office, about why I didn't want to major in Computer Science. Though I won the argument, I graduated four years later with a degree in Computer Science (sometimes fathers know best).
First, three bloggers whom I should have included in my pushup challenge, but somehow forgot:
Next, a guy who is probably still wondering why I read his blog:
Finally, my colleague Kim Greenlee.