Friday, September 29, 2006

MSDN Webcast: Excel Services and Grid Computing

B
  ack in April I did two MSDN webcasts: Object-Oriented Programming for Grid: Grid Computing for .NET and Advanced .NET Programming for Grid Computing (both are available on-demand at those links).

I had a blast doing them and had more than 100 attendees at each. Recently, they asked me if I could do anything regarding the upcoming Office 2007 release. Given the very cool work we've been doing with Microsoft's Financial Services Group with Excel Services and Compute Cluster Server, I jumped at the chance!

I'll spend an hour giving a general introduction to Excel Services, talking a bit about grid computing, then bringing the two topics together and explaining why the two technologies complement each other so well.

Details:
Using Grid Computing to Scale Excel Services (Level 200)
Wednesday, October 4th, 10:00AM PDT

Register here
.