Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Should Take My Own Advice!


L
  ast November I posted about Google's YouTube acquisition, and contrasted what YouTube was doing with what Amazon was doing. I felt (and feel) that Amazon's web offerings were technologically much more interesting than YouTube's.

Beside some interesting comments (lost in the ether now that I've switched to Haloscan comments), there was another surprising result: some folks took my technology advice and got all financial with it. They sold GOOG and bought AMZN. Bill Boebel blogged about his decision here.

Two days ago I got an IM from one of my oldest friends: "Did I ever tell you that, after reading one of your blog posts last fall, I bought some Amazon stock?" He hadn't, so I looked up the stock.

Wow. When will I start taking my own advice?

Technorati tags: ,